Thursday, December 8, 2011

We Have been Blessed!

In the last few months the Lord has been teaching us that trusting Him for our needs is more important than trusting our own income. We praise the Lord for His patience and faithfulness! He is such an amazing, loving Lord! We had been stretching our food (I mean ssstttrrreeetttccchhhiiinnnggg) for a while and just when we thought we couldn't make it we received a phone call. Through a special someone, the Lord gave us sooooooo much! The night following the phone call we received 6 bags of bagels, 2 loaves of bread, 2 huge bags of dinner rolls, a package of cheese bread sticks, a package of croissants, and a package of muffins (yes, all breads...bad for the diet, but...the Lord knew exactly what we needed and when!) When I was first told that we were going to be getting some bread, it was just a couple bags of dinner rolls. When it was all dropped off, I felt like it was Christmas morning :) The Lord not only knows when we need things, but He knows how to give A LOT!!
The part that makes this blessing amazing is the morning before we received our bread blessing, the Lord gave that 'special someone' a verse while they were reading their Bible that morning. I am so glad they shared.....
"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."
Psalm 37:25
This verse has become so real to us. Thank the Lord for His abundant blessings!

1 comment:

Krystle Watters said...

Thanks for posting this, it was very encouraging to hear. I can totally relate! I'm gonna blog about our recent blessings soon too. :) I love the verse you quoted, I quoted it in my last blog too. Such a wonderful truth! Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)