Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Cookies!!

One of my favorite things to do at Christmas time is to make and decorate (and eat)
Christmas cookies!


Here are all the necessary ingredients!


I bought some new cookie cutters for $2 the other night at Michael's...
that way I could get more out of my dough!
The more the better :)
So you understand what that big blob of icing is...
This year, I bought icing tips to use with my zip lock bags I normally use
every year to ice my cookies.
Well, apparently they make the zip lock bags cheaper, because after about 6 cookies, I popped a hole in each of my bags :( which made for a longer, not as much fun way of decorating my cookies with a knife.
Ah well, they still worked out, they just didn't end up looking like how I wanted them to.
They still taste as good, and that is all that really matters.
Remember I said that Joshua was not interested in cutting out the cookies, but was interested in eating them...? Well, he was definitely interested in decorating them ;)
I put some icing on a few cookies for him, and he did all the sprinkles for the cookies!

This is the final product...
made by Joshua!
Between each pinch of sprinkles going on the cookies,
a pinch of sprinkles went into his mouth
haha! :)
"Mmmmmmm!"
was the first thing that came out of Joshua's mouth
when he tasted the cookies (which he already loved) that now have icing
and sprinkles :)

I tried to get a smile, but he was to busy eating his yummy cookie.

2 comments:

Krystle Watters said...

What a cutie! I think I'll do this with Lucy when she gets older 'cause it looks like so much fun!

The Ravert Family said...

It is soooo much fun!