Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall...Thanks Giving1...A Mother`s prayer

I LOVE the season of fall! Our family was given a 'Creamy Pumpkin' candle yesterday, mmmmm! It smells so yummy! So as I am cleaning the house today, I have all these memories and thoughts of fall running through my mind as I smell this ever so welcoming aroma ;) It is really starting to feel like fall out here in B.C. the weather has been unusually beautiful (meaning it hasn't rained much yet)! We have been able to enjoy many family walks along the river in the last few weeks with all of this nice weather. I love fall...the leaves are kind of starting to change, pumpkin spice lattes (oh so good!!), turkey dinners, NOT the pumpkin pies ;), sweaters, delicious smelling candles, crisp smell in the air... we even had our first fire on Saturday night!!! Well, it was more of a fire for "looks" and the mood, than for heat! Joshua was so excited that we were finally having another fire! He was Daddy's little helper all winter. When it came time to bring more wood in and stoke up the fire, Joshua was right there beside Daddy! Matthew, well, when he saw that fire for the first time...he couldn't help but watch it! He was mesmerized ;) aren't we all though when we see a fire! It is just one of those things that make a comfy cozy evening with the family that much better!
Anyways, enough rambling. We are work are way up to Thanksgiving and I want to try and take the time to share some of the many things I am thankful for!
I am Thankful for:
#1, My salvation
#2, My family (my hubby, our boys, our parents, siblings, etc.)
#3, My home
#4, My church
#5, My friends

I was at a friends baby shower on Saturday, and this prayer was given out, on a paper, to all of us ladies during the devotional.

Dear Lord,

Today give me Your agape love for my husband and children, Your joy to be my strength in the midst of hectic circumstances, Your peace when everyone is making noise at once, Your long suffering when a child is taxing my patience, Your gentleness when I must discipline, Your goodness when I'm tempted to be angry at the person instead rather than the action, Your faithfulness to my tasks ad home duties, Your meekness when there is a misunderstanding between me and a loved one, and Your self-control to curb the habits of my flesh that would make my day less that Your best for me.

May I seek to honour You in all I say and do today.

Amen

I am so glad that I was able to receive this...it was a huge challenge to me as it was being read. I thank the Lord for faithful ladies that have been a influence in my life!

No comments: