Thursday, March 11, 2010

'a virtuous women...her price is far above rubies'

I started reading one of my college class books again!


It has already been a challenge and a blessing to me and I have only made it through 3 chapters!! Now that I am married, have my own home, and a baby, this book is taking on a whole new meaning to me. Reading it as a college text book (while I was dating) was yes, a challenge to me, but now I am able to strive to put everything into practice.

Lately, the Lord has been working in my heart about being a better 'keeper at home'. It is actually really neat to see how the Lord shows you different things, through different circumstances. One, for instance was this past Sunday in Adult Sunday School. We had a lesson on the commandment, "honour thy father and mother:" Exodus 20:12 {we are going through all of the 10 commandments} Our teacher switched it around for us (adults) a little bit. He challenged us on how to act, so it is easy for your children to 'honour' you as a parent. One of the statements he made really stuck out to me. "What happens at home will affect the community, which will affect the city, which will affect the province, which will affect the country, which will affect the world." Home is the most crucial learning place for your children. It is where everything begins! How we (parents) react to things...we are being watched - constantly, has that great of an affect on this world.
Like the old saying, "your children will be everything you are, but stronger."
So how are we teaching our children?
Challenging, yes! I praise the Lord for His working/molding in the lives of His children!
I pray that this will be a help to someone who is reading this, just has the Lord has been helping me!
If you have the opportunity to read this book, take it!
Rachel
Prov 31:10-31

No comments: