Friday, January 28, 2011

Waiting...

Pregnancy is the perfect time to learn patience!
for those of you have not had children yet, 9 months is a long time!
Any other time, I would say that 9 months goes by quickly...
not when you are waiting for that little bundle of joy :)
So far with both of my pregnancies, the first few weeks, are horrible...
I get so sick that I can do absolutely nothing!
Then, you get a package of Dove chocolates in the mail...
with this one, Nathan's mum sent me a little bag of chocolates and a note.
At the end of the note she wrote:
"this too shall pass!"
and then when I opened the first dove chocolate
(dove chocolate wrappers have little saying inside),
it read, "don't stress, this too shall pass!"
I thought wow, that is to funny!
But it has helped me get through those rough beginnings of pregnancy!
Now, I am 30 weeks, and finishing the last stretch of my 'waiting', and so excited,
but realizing that I have a lot to do in the short amount of time that I have left.
We are so thankful for the privilege to raise up our children (boys)
for the Lord!

2 comments:

Krystle Watters said...

Thanks for this post, Rach! It sure was encouraging to me, being in the first horrible feeling part of pregnancy still. Sundays are especially hard for me, and I can't tell you how many times I reminded myself yesterday of "this too shall pass." And since we've had Lucy, this time I know from personal experience, it'll all be worth it in the end. I'll be praying for you and Nathan as you try to be patient and wait to meet this new little one! :)

The Ravert Family said...

You are most welcome. I know its not fun going through the 'rough' beginnings of pregnancy, but the Lord has allowed it this way for me for some reason. I am glad to be able to help someone else going through the same thing :) I will be praying for you and your little one!