Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It is finally ready!

The Ford Explorer and the Ravert family just go together and there is really no reason why!?!?
When Nathan and I were dating and also when we got married Nathan owned a black explorer. While we were on our honeymoon Christopher found me a green explorer for only $500 (which was an amazing deal)!
One year later, a family in our church gave us another green explorer. So at this point, Nathan and I owned 3 explorers!! For real:) We never drove the 3rd one, don't worry :D
The summer before we moved out to BC, we sold all of our beloved explorers :( :( and bought a Pontiac Montana. It was a really nice van!! It even had a moon roof!! That was my favorite part of the van!!
but... in BC where we live (Vancouver area) there is only 1 express way and the rest is all city driving. Lets just say that it killed our van:(
Nathan fixed the heads on our van (it took him 3 weeks), and it was all great just in time for my Mum, Alicia, and Eric to come out and visit. THEN... just one week after Nathan finished his big job of fixing the heads, the tranny died! Yeah!
We have been driving our van which now only goes up to 3rd gear (60km max) for probably a month now. In the mix of all these shambles, we bought another...can you guess it...? Yes, another EXPLORER!!!! :D
Yesterday, after waking up extra early (well, only 30 min. early) to take the explorer to Canadian Tire for the Importing Safety test. It is on the road and we are Praising the Lord for it!!!! Oh, I almost forgot, the story of yesterday taking it to Canadian Tire. I always get up with Nathan in the mornings to make him his breakfast and pack him his lunch for work, and then I go back to bed for an hour. That time I didn't get to go back to bed:( :) Joshua and I went with Nathan to go get the explorer from the Turners house; where we have had it parked for 3 weeks. Then we drove over to Canadian Tire, and dropped the explorer off before they opened. Then we were off to drop Nathan off at his work site. This meant that I had to pick him up again after work, which was perfectly fine until when I got there to pick him up and I realized that I forgot all the paperwork for the explorer:( (I set it on the end table beside the door so I wouldn't). I texted Nathan to let him know, and he told me to go back home and get it while he finished work (mean while, this is when the wonderful traffic of Vancouver is all let loose). So, I went home and got the paper work, and made it back in time to get Nathan before the mechanic had to leave (I became a 'Ravert' driver then!!!).
The happy ending to my story you already know, because I already told you. Our explorer is on the road and ready to drive!!!!!
Praise the LORD!!!
p.s. sorry for the long story :) I just had to:)

1 comment:

Mommy of 3 said...

YEAH!!!!! I bet you guys are thrilled!! Sounds like you had an adventure yesterday! I have also turned into a "Ravert driver" since we've been married. What a great influence our husbands have been on our driving :-)