Saturday, November 21, 2009

"We'll See.....!"

First thing this morning I asked Nathan what we he had planned for the day, and he didn't have anything out of the ordinary. I didn't tell him why I was asking then, I had to wait for the perfect timing:) While we were eating I figured that would be the "perfect timing," I asked Nathan again if he had anything different planned for today and he didn't so I said, "Perfect, I can put up the Christmas decorations today then right?!?!?!?!?!" He just looked at me and said, "We'll see." Now growing up, those words meant yes, 99% of the time (right Dad :D)!
I am Canadian, and Nathan is American, so, decorating for Christmas happens at different times. The day after US Thanksgiving is when all the Americans have to wait until they can decorate:( We Canadians (well, maybe just my family...) usually decorate for Christmas the 2nd week of November (2 weeks before US Thanksgiving)!! So I basically have to beg Nathan to let me put my decorations up before then:) No, I usually get to decorate the Saturday before US Thanksgiving...Thank you Nathan, I love you;) Then the day after US Thanksgiving, we go and get our Christmas tree!!! This tradition has been so much fun! Growing up we never got a real Christmas tree (it would be dead before Christmas because we would have it up to early). It is going to be so much fun this year taking Joshua out with us to pick out the perfect tree!!

No comments: